After Israeli forces invaded a neighborhood near Nablus, they fired live rounds, killing one Palestinian protester; others were injured as the soldiers caused havoc in the town.
reposted from International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC), December 13, 2021
Israeli soldiers killed, on Sunday at night, a young Palestinian man, and injured two others, after the army invaded Nablus city, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.
Media sources said several army jeeps invaded the Ras al-‘Ein area in Nablus city, leading to protests, before the soldiers fired many live rounds at random, in addition to rubber-coated steel bullets, gas bombs, and concussion grenades.
Ahmad Jibril, the director of the Nablus office of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS), said the soldiers killed Jamil Mohammad al-Kayyal, 31, after shooting him with a live round in the head.
Jibril added that the army jeeps also chased many Palestinians, and rammed two young men, causing moderate wounds, in addition to causing many to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.
Furthermore, the soldiers also abducted a young man, identified as Amir al-Haj, and took him to an unknown destination.
After the death of the young man, Palestinian resistance fighters exchanged fire with the invading soldiers.
It is worth mentioning that Palestinian medics took the corpse of the slain young man to a hospital in Nablus, where his family rushed to, while hundreds of Palestinians gathered in front of the hospital while chanting against the ongoing Israeli occupation and its escalating crimes and calling for resisting the Israeli occupation until liberation and independence.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline
- Israel, Washington Post teach Americans: Palestinian lives don’t matter
- Mohammad Nidal Younis: 17th Palestinian youth killed by Israel in 2021
- Israel applauded the “extrajudicial execution” of Mohammad Salima
- Israel’s negligence killed Sami Al-Amour
- Why were these Palestinian prisoners willing to die of starvation?
- Armed Israeli civilian shoots, kills Palestinian boy during alleged stabbing attack
- Palestinians launch national football team for amputees