In a week that has already seen dozens of funerals, another is being planned for a 16-year-old boy after he threw stones at heavily armed Israeli soldiers invading his village. The soldiers then shot him in the neck and chest.
reposted from International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC), May 12, 2021
At dawn on Wednesday, a Palestinian child was killed by Israeli bullets in the village of Aqaba, in the district of Tubas in the West Bank.
Medical sources reported that the 16-year-old Rashid Muhammad Abu Ara, 16, was killed by two bullets – one in the neck and one in the chest – fired by Israeli forces invading the northern entrance of the city of Tubas, near Bethlehem.
Invading Israeli forces were met by Palestinian youth, many of whom threw stones to try to repel the heavily-armed invading soldiers, to keep the soldiers from invading their village. in addition to the shooting of Rashid, another young man was injured after he was run over by a military jeep car in Tubas. Medical sources report that his general health condition is stable, but he suffers from several fractures and bruises.
The killing of Rashid comes in the midst of a rapid, ongoing escalation of Israeli violence against Palestinian civilians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, which began on April 12th, the beginning of the Muslim Holy Month of Ramadan, with increasingly frequent and violent Israeli settler and soldier attacks on Palestinian worshipers.
On Monday, Israel began launching airstrikes against the Gaza Strip when Palestinian factions demanded that Israeli troops withdraw from the East Jerusalem neighborhoods they are currently forcibly annexing. Instead of withdrawing, Israeli military forces launched an all-out assault on the Gaza Strip, killing at least 35 Palestinians, most of them civilians not involved in resistance — 12 of them children.
Here is a partial list of the Palestinians killed by Israel Since Monday May 10th:
Rashid Muhammad Abu Ara, 16
- Sameh Fahim Hashem al-Mamlouk, al-Ramal
- Kamal Taiseer Qreiqe’, 35, al-Ramal neighborhood in Gaza city
- Salim Mahmoud al-Farra, 37, Khan Younis
- Mohammad Yahia Abu al-Ata, 30, al-Ramal, Gaza City
- Mohammad Abdul-Rauf Hallas, Sheja’eyya, east of Gaza City
- Amira Abdul-Fattah Sobeh, 57, killed in her home in the Shati’ refugee camp.
- her son Abdul-Rahman Sobeh (special needs), killed in the same bombing.
- Eyad Fathi Fayeq Sharir, 35, a leader in the al-Qassam Brigades, killed at home, along with his wife, in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, in Gaza city.
- Mohammad Ali Mohammad Nosseir, Jabalia
- Mohammad Abdullah Zidan Fayyad, Jabalia
- Ibrahim Yousef Atallah al-Masri, 10 years old, Beit Hanoun
- Yazin Sultan Atallah al-Masri, 1-year-old, Beit Hanoun
- Marwan Yousef Atallah al-Masri, 12, Beit Hanoun
- Rahaf Mohammad Atallah al-Masri, 10-year-old girl, Beit Hanoun
- Ahmad Mohammad Atallah al-Masri, 20, Beit Hanoun
- Saber Ibrahim Suleiman, 39, Jabalia
- his son Mohammad, 16, Jabalia
- Esmat Sha’ban az-Zein, Jabalia
- Mousa Khalil az-Zein, 19, Jabalia
- Zakariya Ziad Alloush, Jabalia
- Bashir Mohammad Alloush, Jabalia
- Raed al-‘Abed Abu Warda, 27, Jabalia
- Nabil an-No’mani Dardouna, Jabalia
- Mustafa Mohammad Obeid, 17, Jabalia
These are only the names that have been confirmed at this point. This is an ongoing, developing situation and we will update the list of names after examining and ensuring accuracy.
- Israeli airstrikes on Gaza continue, hundreds now homeless
- Congresswoman Manning: let’s put your Sderot experience in context (facts about rockets)
- Palestinian Rockets: The Hidden Facts
- Gazan rockets & Sderot: Message to Congress member Manning
- Information on Sheikh Jarrah
- Ha’aretz | How Israel Invented Its Exclusive Claim Over Jerusalem
- Israeli Settlers and Soldiers Wound 105 Palestinian Civilians in Jerusalem
- Understanding the Crisis in Gaza
- Washington Post pushes Israel’s retaliation narrative