Israeli settlers killed Mithqal Suleiman Abdul-Halim Rayan, 27, father of a 4-year-old boy, a 2-year-old son, and a baby girl; and the Israeli army killed Qusai Radwan Waked, 14.
Palestinian Father Of 3 Killed By Israeli Paramilitary Colonizers
reposted from IMEMC – the International Middle East Media Center, February 12, 2023
Mithqal Suleiman Abdul-Halim Rayan, 27, was shot and killed on Saturday evening, by Israeli paramilitary invaders, in the town of Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit.
The mayor of Qarawat Bani Hassan, Ibrahim Asi, told the Palestinian Ma’an News Agency, “The young man was killed by a live bullet fired by an armed and angry colonizer towards a group of young men in the village.”
He confirmed that the Israeli occupation forces guarded the armed, paramilitary colonial colonizers as they attacked the Palestinian civilians and killed Mithqal.
Mithqal was the father of three young children: a 4-year-old boy, a two-year-old son, and a baby girl.
The fatal events started unfolding when the colonizers attacked several Palestinian civilians in the northern area of Qarawat Bani Hassan and fired many live rounds at them, shooting Mithqal in the head while returning home from work.
The colonizer who killed Mithqal is one of many colonizers who constantly attack the Palestinians, their homes, and their lands.
The colonizers attacked farmers and residents in their homes, shops, and construction sites and when the locals gathered and tried to remove them, a paramilitary colonizers opened fire and killed Mithqal who worked at a concrete factory in Salfit.
The Palestinian father suffered life-threatening wounds and succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Salfit.
On Friday, the colonizers attacked many Palestinians, stole sheep from several farmers, and injured a Palestinian north of Qarawat Bani Hasan.
Israeli colonizers have repeatedly been targeting the village of Qarawat Bani Hassan, west of Salfit, for their colony expansion.
Mithqal’s death brings the number of Palestinians who were killed by Israeli fire since the beginning of this year to 45, including nine children and an elderly woman. Four of the slain Palestinians were killed by illegal Israeli colonizers.
In addition to the 45 slain Palestinians, a Palestinian prisoner, Ahmad Abu Ali, 48, from Yatta town south of Hebron in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, died at an Israeli medical center after he was denied essential medical treatment and was only moved to Soroka medical center when he neared death.
The Palestinian Prisoners’ Society said Ahmad was only two years away from finishing his twelve-year prison sentence.
Earlier on Saturday, Israeli colonial settlers uprooted dozens of Palestinian olive trees and destroyed an agricultural building as part of their forced takeover of Palestinian land in Qarawat Bani Hassan.
Israeli forces have been helping the Israeli paramilitary settlers in their forced takeover of Palestinian village land- last week, the soldiers uprooted an olive grove, and in January, the army demolished a Palestinian home located in the area that the Israeli colonizers have targeted to take over.
Palestinian youth succumbs to serious wounds from Israeli gunfire
reposted from WAFA – the Palestinian News and Info Agency, February 12, 2023
A Palestinian youth succumbed this evening to critical wounds he sustained earlier today by Israeli gunfire during a military raid into the occupied West Bank city of Jenin, according to the ministry of health
The ministry said that Qusai Radwan Waked, 14, who was severely injured by Israeli gunfire during a military raid in Jenin earlier today, succumbed to his wounds.
Israeli forces also raided the city and surrounded a house in al-Jabriyat neighborhood and detained former prisoner Jibreel al-Zubaidi, who spent 11 years behind Israeli bars.
Jibreel al-Zubaidi is the brother of freedom fighter Zakaria Zubaidi, from Jenin refugee camp who was able last year to escape from Israeli prison with five other freedom fighters after digging a tunnel but were all later caught. Their brother, Dawoud, was also killed by Israeli forces.
To be noted, three Palestinian youths were shot in the abdomen and sustained critical injuries during the Israeli military raid into Jenin city and refugee camp earlier today.
With the killing of Waked, the number of Palestinians who have been killed by Israeli forces and settlers since the beginning of 2023 has risen to 47, including four who were killed by settlers’ gunfire.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline
NOTE: The entire West Bank has been under Israeli occupation since 1967; all its official entrances and exits are controlled by Israeli soldiers, making its Palestinian inhabitants virtual prisoners. Many are families that were ethnically cleansed from Israel during Israel’s founding war (see this and this and this). Israeli forces often invade them; one example is here.
Israel was established in 1947 through a war of ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, both Muslims and Christians, and it continues to steal other people’s land for illegal colonies known as ‘settlements.’ While Palestinians most often use nonviolent resistance, a small number use armed resistance against the invaders.
Thanks to the pro-Israel lobby in the US, Congress disburses over $20 million per day of Americans’ tax money directly to and/or on behalf of Israel.
- Israeli Army Kills A Palestinian Youth In Nablus – Shot in the Face
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian father of newborn with a bullet to the chest
- 3 more Palestinians dead – one shot in the head for honking his horn
- Israeli government: stories you may have missed
- Israel killed 29 in 26 days, fighters fire 2 rockets, Israel shells Gaza
- Israeli forces kill a Palestinian as he protests deaths of 9 other Palestinians