After the Israeli military killed nine Palestinians in Jenin on Thursday, they attacked a group of Palestinians protesting the killings, and killed yet another Palestinian, Yousef Mheisin, age 22.
The death toll for Palestinians in the first 26 days of 2023 is now 30, including a 13-year-old who died in Gaza Thursday from wounds Israel inflicted in a 2022 bombing,
On Thursday, Israeli soldiers killed a young Palestinian man near Ramallah in the central West Bank, during a procession condemning the Israeli onslaught on Jenin, leading to the death of nine Palestinians, including one woman and two siblings.
The soldiers attacked the Palestinians with live fire, rubber-coated steel bullets, gas bombs, and concussion grenades.
Medical sources said the soldiers killed a young man, Yousef Yahia Abdul-Karim Mheisin, 22, after shooting him with a live round in the abdomen.
Palestinian medics rushed Yousef Mheisin to Palestine Medical Complex in Ramallah, but he succumbed to his serious wounds despite all efforts to save his life.
The soldiers also shot three Palestinians with live fire and caused many to suffer the effects of tear gas inhalation.
Also Thursday, Israeli soldiers killed nine Palestinians, including siblings and one woman, and injured dozens of Palestinians, some seriously, during a massive offensive on Jenin city and the Jenin refugee camp, in the northern West Bank.
In the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian child, Nayef Oweidat, 13, died from serious wounds he suffered last year during the Israeli onslaught on the coastal region.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline
NOTE: The entire West Bank has been under Israeli occupation since 1967; all its official entrances and exits are controlled by Israeli soldiers, making its Palestinian inhabitants virtual prisoners. Many are families that were ethnically cleansed from Israel during Israel’s founding war (see this and this and this). Israeli forces often invade them; one example is here.
Israel was established in 1947 through a war of ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, both Muslims and Christians, and it continues to steal other people’s land for illegal colonies known as ‘settlements.’ While Palestinians most often use nonviolent resistance, a small number use armed resistance against the invaders.
OTHER RECENT PALESTINIAN DEATHS AT ISRAEL’S HANDS:
- Palestinian child succumbs to wounds from last year’s Israeli aggression on Gaza
- Major Israeli raid on Palestinian city kills 9, tear gas pediatric ward
- Israel’s “shoot first” policy leads to 2 more Palestinian deaths
- Palestinian father of 3 killed by illegal Israeli colonist in West Bank
- Seriously Injured Palestinian 14-year-old Succumbs To His Wounds
- Israeli forces gun down Palestinian father & 2 others, another dies of wounds
- Palestinian, 19, Dies From Wounds Suffered in Jenin
- Invading Israeli forces kill 5 Palestinians in West Bank
OTHER RECENT ISRAEL/PALESTINE NEWS:
- Israel’s new radical government shows itself reckless and racist
- Israeli police officer who killed autistic Palestinian gets promotion
- Israel advocates push ABA to adopt anti-Palestinian definition of antisemitism
- Israel’s conduct fosters antisemitism in the U.S., says Ken Roth
- Latest meeting of America’s most powerful pro-Israel lobby