Double standard: Every day in the occupied Palestinian territories brings invasion, abduction, and destruction of Palestinian property – by the government that will not even tolerate a Gazan coming within 300 meters of Israel’s border fence.
from IMEMC News
While Israel’s own borders are sacrosanct, it apparently feels entitled to breach anyone else’s. Now it is on the attack in Syria, and by proxy, Iran. The occupied Palestinian territories are invaded on a daily basis.
Here’s a quick roundup of Israeli actions in the last 24 hours or so (picture what would happen if Palestinians perpetrated even one such incident):
- Israeli Soldiers Abduct A Fateh Leader And His Wife In Jerusalem. Soldiers caused excessive damage to the property during the violent searches, and interrogated family members.
- Army Abducts Four Palestinians In Bethlehem
- Israeli Soldiers Abduct Four Palestinians In Qalqilia, Jenin And Ramallah. The army invaded each town, before storming multiple homes, and violently searched them while interrogating the families and inspecting their ID cards.
- Israeli Military Fires on Fishermen. As part of Israel’s blockade of Gaza since 2007, the Israeli army severely limits Palestinian fishing zone to a fraction of what was agreed to in the Oslo Accords. The exact limits are decided by the Israeli authorities and constantly fluctuate. Fishermen who want to stay safe can only guess what distance they can go on a given day. Israeli human rights group B’Tselem recently concluded that Israel’s Gaza closure and “harassment of fishermen” have been “destroying Gaza’s fishing sector,” with 95 percent of fishermen living below the poverty line.
- Israeli Military Razes Lands in Gaza. Israeli military vehicles entered the southern Gaza Strip, razing lands along the border with Israel, and intruding into the town of Khuzaa.
- Nablus Structures Demolished by Israeli Army.Israeli forces with bulldozers invaded the village of Douma and destroyed a number of homes and agricultural structures.
- Israeli Soldiers Injure 23 Palestinians, Abducts Three; One Soldier Injured, In Abu Dis. The army attacked protesters, who hurled stones and empty bottles at the invading soldiers. The soldiers fired live rounds, gas bombs, concussion grenades and rubber-coated steel bullets.