reposted from Al Jazeera, August 8, 2022
Israel and the Palestinian resistance group Islamic Jihad declared a truce late Sunday after three days of heavy Israeli bombardment on the besieged Gaza Strip.
According to the latest official information from the Palestinian health ministry, 44 Palestinians, including 15 children, were killed and at least 350 civilians wounded.
Since 2008, Israel has waged four wars on the Palestinian territory, killing nearly 4,000 people – one-quarter of them children.
According to data compiled by Defense for Children International, at least 2,200 children have been killed by the Israeli military and Israeli settlers across the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 2000 – the beginning of the second intifada.
Here are the names and faces of the 15 children aged 18 and under killed by Israeli air strikes over the past three days:
Jamil Najm al-Deen Naijm,4
Alaa Abdullah Riyad Qaddoum, 5
Momen al-Nairab, 5
Hazem Salem, 9
Ahmad al-Nairab, 11
Jamil Ihab Najim, 13
Muhammad Yasser Nimr al-Nabahin, 13
Dalia Yasser Nimr al-Nabaheen, 13
Mohammed Hassouna, 14
Hamed Haider Najim, 16
Nazmi Fayez Abu Karsh, 16
Ahmed Walid al-Farram, 16
Mohammed Salah Naijm, 17
Khalil Abu Hamada, 18
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline.
To read about Israel’s attack on Gaza in May, 2021, go here.
MORE FROM IAK ON ISRAEL AND GAZA:
- Gaza Update: death toll in Israeli aggression reaches 43 Palestinians – many children
- Israel’s epidemic rate of medical permit denial for Gaza’s children
- Israel convicts World Vision official despite evidence he’s innocent
- After 15 years of blockade, 4 of 5 children in Gaza struggle with depression, grief & fear
- May 2021: NY Times & Israeli paper feature photos of all 67 Palestinian children killed in Gaza
- Healthcare access: Israel has Palestinian women giving birth by the side of the road
- The (almost) unbelievable story of an Israeli killer – and the lies that are protecting him
- Israel has no mercy on Palestinian prisoner Ahmad Manasra, whose mental health is worsening
- Shireen Abu Akleh’s death exposes Israel for what it is – a murderous regime