If you’re disgusted with the direction our country is going, channel your energy to fight with us for justice and peace.
We know that the vast majority of Americans care about justice and equality. Most of us want to see our tax dollars spent in the pursuit of peace, not war. And we want our government to get that message!
If Americans Knew has worked for almost two decades to do just that, and we believe the time is right to accelerate our efforts with more grassroots work. We want to see Congress adopt rational, moral policies.
Our focus is Israel/Palestine, where settler colonialism is alive and well, funded by the US, adored by Congress, and supported by a powerful lobby. All proponents of justice and peace should be horrified by Israeli aggression and violence throughout the region.
The change that is so urgently needed in US policies will ultimately be won in Congress, with the end of aid to Israel and the end of American complicity in Israeli violations of international law and human rights.
BUT in order for this change to occur in Congress, the hearts and minds of American voters must be reached – and that requires a strong, coordinated grassroots movement to educate and motivate constituents.
The cause of justice contends with powerful adversaries, and it can be daunting. That’s why we want to build a team – so we all know we’re not alone in our work!
If Americans Knew is looking for volunteers in every Congressional district
to join forces in fighting the local battles for justice and peace
– especially right now, as election season is close.
Whether you are already an activist, or it’s a brand-new notion, whether you want to work alone or with others, on a small scale or all-out, please consider joining the IAK Local Volunteers team!
Here’s how it works:
- You will hear from us a couple of times a month with action ideas and materials you can use (anything from emailing your legislator to hosting a film screening).
- Choose ideas that are a good match for you (and your group, if you have one), or create something unique to make a difference in your Congressional district.
- Join our online community, where we’ll share experiences and encourage each other.
- Make something happen – big or small – and know that you are part of a team. Together, we can change the status quo!
Our shared goal will be twofold:
- To raise awareness among voters of the injustice in Israel/Palestine
- To build support for justice for Palestinians in Congress
If this sounds interesting to you, please contact us using the button below! Let us know your Congressional district. We will be in touch with you very soon to get this started! (If you’ve already joined us as a local volunteer in the last 3 months, you don’t need to sign up again.)
We look forward to working with you toward justice and equality for Palestinians!
– Kathy and Alison