On Wednesday before dawn, Israeli police forcibly removed a Palestinian family from their home in the occupied East Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah, then demolished the structure and destroyed the family’s belongings.
Israel, always eager to maintain its reputation as a civilized, compassionate state, put out a video to demonstrate how gently its police went about their job that night.
It’s what their video doesn’t show that is most telling.
FOR MORE ON ISRAEL’S POLICIES IN SHEIKH JARRAH:
- Sheikh Jarrah: How the US media is erasing Israel’s crimes
- A Third Palestinian Intifada Is Now a Stone’s Throw Away
- How Palestinians in Jerusalem are being targeted in a campaign of ethnic cleansing
- Ha’aretz | How Israel Invented Its Exclusive Claim Over Jerusalem
- A Jewish Reflection on Israel’s Crimes and Israeli Hubris