In yet another land grab, Israel has approved the annexation of prime Palestinian land near Bethlehem. Palestinians have no say in the matter.
reposted from International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC), April 22, 2021
The Israeli occupation authorities have approved the illegal annexation of large areas of Palestinian lands, west of Bethlehem, south of the occupied Palestinian capital, Jerusalem, in the West Bank.
Hasan Breijiyya, the head of the Bethlehem office of the Wall and Colonization Resistance Commission, said the Israeli annexation targets 147 Dunams (36.3 acres) of privately-owned Palestinian lands in Bethlehem.
He added that the lands are located in Basin 3 of Thaher al-Mitrasiba area of Nahhalin town, southwest of Bethlehem, and Basin 5 in Khallet as-Saraweel and Shu’ab al-Beesh, in Husan village, west of Bethlehem.
The annexation aims at constructing and expanding Israel’s illegal colonies, built on stolen Palestinian lands in direct violation of International Law, the Fourth Geneva Convention in addition to various United Nations and Security Council resolutions.
Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention states that the occupying power [Israel] is forbidden from transferring any part of its civilian population onto the land on which it occupies [Palestine].
- This is apartheid: Jewish supremacy from the River to the Sea
- Rep. Betty McCollum leads effort to block Israel from using US aid to break int’l law
- Christmas in Bethlehem: ’tis the season for hasbara
- O Little Town of Bethlehem, what has become of thee?
- Bethlehem: Hundreds mourn the killing of Palestinian nurse at Israeli checkpoint
- How was your week? Seven days of Israel human rights violations (April 11, 2021)
- Last-minute land theft: Israel released plans for for 2,500 new settler homes hours before inauguration
- Gideon Levy: Please, Bibi, Let the Annexation Begin
- Easter for us, but Palestinians are still in Gethsemane