As Palestinians in Jenin protested Israel’s illegal demolition of a Palestinian home, Israeli forces opened fire on the protesters, killing Mohammad Saba’na and injuring others. Saba’na, 29, was holding his smartphone and documenting the Israeli invasion when soldiers shot him in the chest and other parts of his body. This is the sixth Palestinian in a week to die at Israeli hands…
reposted from IMEMC – the International Middle East Media Center, September 7, 2022
On Tuesday dawn, dozens of Israeli soldiers invaded the eastern neighborhood of Jenin city, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank, killing one Palestinian and injuring at least nine, two seriously. (PCHR, the Palestinian Center for Human Rights, reports, “One Palestinian was killed, and 17 others, including 6 children, a woman, and a paramedic were injured”).
Medical sources said the soldiers killed Mohammad Mousa Mohammad Saba’na, 29, after shooting him with live rounds in the chest and other parts of his body.
The Palestinian was holding his smartphone and documenting the Israeli invasion before the soldiers targeted him with a barrage of live rounds.
They added that at least seven Palestinians were also shot with live fire, including two who suffered life-threatening wounds, and at least two additional Palestinians were rammed by military vehicles.
Medical sources have confirmed that five of the seven Palestinians were shot with live fire to the upper parts of their bodies.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said many more Palestinians were injured, all shot with live fire and likely received treatment by medics from local hospitals and medical centers, and those rushed to medical centers by civilian cars.
The invasion was carried out by more than 100 armored military vehicles, including bulldozers, from several directions after surrounding and isolating Jenin and the Jenin refugee camp.
The soldiers also stormed, ransacked many homes and buildings, and used their rooftops as firing posts for their snipers.
In addition, the soldiers invaded an apartment building in the Eastern Neighborhood and forced the families, including many children, out of their homes.
RELATED READING – RECENT ISRAELI VIOLENCE IN JENIN ALONE:
- (Sept.) Invading Israeli soldiers kill 19-year-old, injure another, abduct 5, in Jenin
- (Aug.) Israeli Soldiers Kill Teen, Injure Young Man, Abduct Two, in Jenin invasion
- (July) The latest victims in Israel’s ongoing slaughter of Palestinians
- (June) Israeli forces kill another Palestinian teen, 4th Palestinian killed in 48 hours
- (June) Israel killed 4 more Palestinians over the weekend
- (May) Shireen Abu Akleh’s death exposes Israel for what it is – a murderous regime
- (May) Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Teen In Jenin
- (May) Israeli forces use Palestinian girl as a human shield in Jenin