Press TV says the move is “part of an anti-Iran purge as the West sets its sights on regime change in Iran.” This is just the latest censorship of the Iranian news organization, as Iran has long been targeted by Israel and neocons…
Without warning, tech giant Google “permanently removed” Iranian government-owned media channel Press TV UK’s YouTube channel Monday night amid increasing American hostility to Iran.
“This attack on the freedom of speech of Press TV’s journalists seems to be part of an anti-Iran purge as the West sets its sights on regime change in Iran,” Press TV said. Its content, in its own words, focuses on “anti-imperialism, anti-racism, and covers aspects of the news which the mainstream corporate media in the United Kingdom have refused to air.”
The London-based outlet had over 28,000 subscribers on its YouTube account at the time of its deletion…. Read more
- Google deletes Press TV UK’s YouTube account
- Iran’s Press TV taken off air in N America
- Ofcom revokes Press TV’s UK licence
- Iranian Press TV dropped by Intelsat as further sanctions bite
- With US on the Warpath, Iran’s Press TV the Latest Target for Google’s Political Censorship
- Press groups concerned about US jailing of Iranian news anchor; court appearances shrouded in mystery
- Israel-born Treasury official is at the center of U.S. policies on Iran
- Israel is trying to ‘suck America into’ Iranian war that could lead to world war — Lawrence Wilkerson
- Trump’s Anti-Iranian Policy Not Enough for Neocons and Other Israelophiles
- War On Iran?