Mahmoud Sammoudi, 12, from Al-Yamoun town west of Jenin, succumbed to wounds inflicted by Israeli soldiers who had invaded the West Bank, killing four Palestinians outright and injuring 44. Israeli forces have killed 120 Palestinians in the past six months, while 9 Israelis have also died.
Reposted from IMEMC
On Monday, the Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed the death of a child who, on September 28, was shot and seriously injured by Israeli army fire when the soldiers also killed four young Palestinian men in Jenin and Jenin refugee camp in the northern West Bank.
[To see the previous deaths go here]
The Health Ministry identified the slain child as Mahmoud Mohammad Sammoudi, 12, from Al-Yamoun town, west of Jenin.
The three Palestinians killed on the day of the invasions of Jenin and its refugee camp were identified as Mohammad Hisham Abu Na’sa, 25, Abdul-Rahman Fathi Khazem, 27, Ahmad Nathmi Alawna, 24, and Mohammad Mahmoud Barahma, 30.
On the day of the Israeli invasion, the soldiers injured forty-four Palestinians, including several young men and children, who suffered life-threatening wounds.
The child’s death brings the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli fire since the beginning of this year to 165.
On Sunday morning, the Israeli army announced the death of Sgt. Noa Lazar, 18, an Israeli soldier who was shot by a Palestinian at a military roadblock near Shu’fat, in occupied Jerusalem, on Saturday evening. [21 Israelis have been killed this year.]
Editor’s note: Thanks to the Israel lobby, American taxpayers give Israel over $10 million of their tax money per day, while another $10 million per day is expended on projects because they benefit Israel. Many people say it’s time for this to end.
IMEMC, the International Middle East Media Center, is a media center developed in collaboration between Palestinian and International journalists to provide independent media coverage of Israel-Palestine. It was founded by the Palestinian Centre for Rapprochement between People in 2003. In 2021, IMEMC became a project of the American nonprofit organization If Americans Knew.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline
- Israeli forces kill two more Palestinian teens (Oct. 7)
- Invading Israeli soldiers kill one Palestinian, injure two near Nablus (Oct. 5)
- Israeli soldiers kill three Palestinians in two days (Oct. 3)
- Updated: Terrified by Israeli soldiers, 7-year-old Palestinian child died of heart attack (Sept. 30)
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Four, Injure Forty-Four Palestinians, In Jenin (Sept. 28)
- Israeli Soldiers Assassinate Palestinian – 14th this month (1 Israeli dead) (Sept. 27)
- Father of three shot dead after colliding with empty Israeli police car (Sept. 24)
- Israeli Soldiers Kill 23-year-old Near Ramallah (Sept. 27)