On Sunday, Israeli occupation forces shot dead three more Palestinians, 18, 22, and 24. This brings the death toll this year to 84 Palestinians and 12 Israelis.
reposted from IMEMC – the International Middle East Media Center, March 12, 2023
On Sunday, Israeli troops opened fire on a Palestinian vehicle near the Surra military checkpoint in the Nablus area, killing three Palestinians. The fourth person who was in the car was taken into custody by Israeli forces. Two workers who were nearby were wounded.
The three men who were killed were identified as Jihad Muhammad Wasfi Al-Shami (24 years), Uday Othman Rafiq Al-Shami (22 years), and Mohammad Raed Naji Al-Dabeek (18 years). All three were declared dead on the scene, after Israeli occupation forces fired many rounds of live ammunition into the vehicle they were driving.
A fourth young man, Ibrahim Awartani, was abducted.
Wafa news reported, quoting eyewitnesses, that two workers were wounded by shrapnel from the Israeli occupation bullets, while they were in the area where the three young men were targeted.
After the crime, the Israeli occupation forces stormed the town of Surra and seized surveillance camera recordings from commercial stores, in a move that local Palestinians claimed was meant to cover up the evidence of their crime.
The killing of the three young men brings the death toll since the beginning of 2023 to 84 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces and paramilitary colonial settlers, including 15 children, a woman, and a prisoner in the occupation prisons.
12 Israelis were killed by Palestinians in that same time period (at least two of whom were killed in what eyewitnesses said was a traffic accident, but which was classified as an ‘attack’ because a Palestinian was driving).
NOTE: The entire West Bank has been under Israeli occupation since 1967; all its official entrances and exits are controlled by Israeli soldiers, making its Palestinian inhabitants virtual prisoners. Many are families that were ethnically cleansed from Israel during Israel’s founding war (see this and this and this). Israeli forces often invade them; one example is here.
Israel was established in 1947 through a war of ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, both Muslims and Christians, and it continues to steal other people’s land for illegal colonies known as ‘settlements.’ While Palestinians most often use nonviolent resistance, a small number use armed resistance against the invaders.
RECENT PALESTINIAN DEATHS AT THE HANDS OF THE ISRAELI MILITARY:
- Israeli Forces Kill 3 Palestinians, a Palestinian Youth Dies of Injuries
- Israeli forces kill 6 Palestinians in Jenin raid, more settler violence
- Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian, Injure Two, Abduct Six, In Jericho
- Palestinian Dies From Serious Wounds After Israeli Soldiers Shot Him Thursday
- Israel kills 11 Palestinians in daytime raid on Nablus
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Another Young Man, Injure Seven
- Israeli Army Kills A Palestinian Youth In Nablus – Shot in the Face
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Five Palestinians In Jericho
OTHER RECENT NEWS ON ISRAEL-PALESTINE:
- Criticizing Israel is suddenly the new order for liberal Zionists
- Greenwald: The Unholy Alliance of Neocons & Democrats
- By caving to Israel, Biden opens the door to war
- Israeli settlers rampage as killings continue
- Gazan children’s artwork traumatizes ‘UK Lawyers For Israel’
- Nikki Haley: Candidate for President of U.S. or of Israel?