Dozens of Israeli soldiers invaded a Palestinian school, assaulted teachers and children, and attacked them with pepper spray.
reposted from IMEMC – The International Middle East Media Center, September 29, 2022
On Thursday, Israeli soldiers invaded a Palestinian school in the southern area of Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, before attacking and injuring many school children and teachers.
Atef Al-Jamal, the general director of the Education Department in Hebron, said dozens of soldiers invaded the al-Hajiriya (Palestinian) Middle School and attacked teachers and children in addition to spraying their faces with pepper spray.
The soldiers also detained and interrogated two schoolchildren after dragging them out of their classrooms but released them later.
Emad Tmeizi, the school’s Social Worker, said the soldiers also assaulted the father of one of the detained children, causing several injuries that required hospitalization.
In related news, the soldiers shot a child with live fire during protests east of the Al-Biereh city, in the central West Bank, before the medics rushed him to a hospital.
IMEMC, the International Middle East Media Center, is a media center developed in collaboration between Palestinian and International journalists to provide independent media coverage of Israel-Palestine. It was founded by the Palestinian Centre for Rapprochement between People in 2003. In 2021, IMEMC became a project of the American nonprofit organization If Americans Knew.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline
MORE ON ISRAEL’S WAR ON PALESTINIAN EDUCATION:
- UN Humanitarian Coordinator statement on Israeli destruction of schools
- Undercover Israeli Soldiers Attack Three Palestinian School Children Near Ramallah
- Israeli soldiers invade orphanage school to stop ‘Yes to Peace’ poetry
- Without explanation, Israel tears down new Palestinian school in Jerusalem
- Attending school while Palestinian: brief (horror) stories from the last 6 weeks
- Goliath lives: Palestinian children at risk in school
MORE ON ISRAELI VIOLENCE IN HEBRON:
- Israeli forces gun down teen, wound two others in Hebron
- Breaking the Silence about Israel’s occupation of Hebron
- Palestinians in Hebron say Israeli forces strip-searched them on their way home
- The humanitarian impact of Israeli settlements in Hebron city
- Israeli Army Denied Soldiers Threw Gas Canister Into Hebron School. Then a Video Surfaced