Rayyan, age 7, died while running for his life from Israeli soldiers who were chasing young children. After the child’s death, soldiers invaded his family’s home, ransacked it, and interrogated his parents. Israeli soldiers have killed 35 Palestinian children since the beginning of this year. The last time a young Israeli child was killed was in May of 2021.
Update: New information indicates that the boy Palestinian child died of heart attack when Israeli soldiers chased him and raided his home
reposted from IMEMC – the International Middle East Media Center, September 29, 2022
The Palestinian Health Ministry has confirmed that a child, only seven years of age, died after falling from a high altitude when Israeli soldiers chased him and many schoolchildren when Israeli soldiers invaded Tuqu town, southeast of Bethlehem, in the occupied West Bank.
Media sources said the soldiers invaded the Khirbat ad-Deir area in Tuqu and chased many children while walking back to their homes.
The Health Ministry said the child has been identified as Rayyan Yasser Suleiman, 7, and added that Palestinian medics rushed him to the Emergency Department of Beit Jala governmental hospital, but he had no heartbeats, and all efforts to save his life failed.
After the child’s death, many soldiers invaded his family’s home and ransacked it, before interrogating his parents and other Palestinians.
Israeli soldiers have killed 35 Palestinian children, 19 in the West Bank and 16 in the Gaza Strip, since the beginning of this year, the Health Ministry stated.
Also Thursday, the soldiers invaded a Palestinian school in the southern area of Hebron city, in the southern part of the occupied West Bank, before attacking and injuring many schoolchildren and teachers.
On Wednesday, the Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed that Israeli soldiers killed four Palestinians and injured forty-four, some seriously, in a massive invasion of Jenin, in the northern part of the occupied West Bank.
IMEMC, the International Middle East Media Center, is a media center developed in collaboration between Palestinian and International journalists to provide independent media coverage of Israel-Palestine. It was founded by the Palestinian Centre for Rapprochement between People in 2003. In 2021, IMEMC became a project of the American nonprofit organization If Americans Knew.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline
OTHER RECENT ISRAELI VIOLENCE AGAINST PALESTINIAN CHILDREN:
- Shams: at 11, he’s not too young to be beaten & traumatized by Israeli soldiers
- Two Palestinian Boys, Two Eyes Lost to Israeli Army Gunfire
- Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Teen Near Ramallah
- Palestinian Child Dies After Israel Denies His Travel for Treatment Abroad
- Israeli soldier: ‘We killed a little boy, but it was within the rules’
- Another little girl dies from Israeli strikes on Gaza
- Gaza child dies from wounds from Israeli airstrike on family car
- Israeli forces gun down teen, wound two others in Hebron
- The names and faces of the 15 children killed in Gaza, August 5-7, 2022
- Israel’s epidemic rate of medical permit denial for Gaza’s children