The 14th Palestinian death in the first 16 days of 2023: Israeli forces shot Amro Al-Khmour in the head as they invaded the refugee camp where he lived in the Palestinian West Bank.
reposted from IMEMC – the International Middle East Media Center, January 16, 2023
The Palestinian Health Ministry has confirmed that a teenager, who was shot and seriously injured by Israeli army fire at dawn in the Deheishe refugee camp, south of Bethlehem, has died from his wounds.
The Health Ministry said the child, Amro Khaled Al-Khmour, 14, has succumbed to a serious gunshot wound to the head.
The teen was shot at dawn when many army vehicles invaded the refugee camp, violently searched homes, and abducted a young man.
Hundreds of Palestinians gathered in front of Beit Jala governmental hospital and marched to the child’s home in the Deheishe refugee camp.
The Palestinians held the funeral ceremony and procession and headed to the Shuhada graveyard in the Artas nearby village while chanting for liberation and independence and calling for International Protection for the Palestinian people.
Amro Al-Khmour’s death brings the number of Palestinians killed by the Israeli army in the first sixteen days of this year to fourteen, including four minors.
- January 16, 2023: Amro Khaled Al-Khmour, 14.
- January 15, 2023: Ahmad Hasan Kahala, 45.
- January 14, 2023: Yazan Samer Ja’bari, 19.
- January 14, 2023: Amjad Adnan Khaliliyya, 23.
- January 14, 2023: Ezzeddin Bassem Hamamra, 24.
- January 12, 2023: Habib Mohammad Kamil, 25.
- January 12, 2023: Abdul-Hadi Fakhri Nazzal, 18.
- January 12, 2023: Samir Awni Aslan, 41.
- January 11, 2023: Ahmad Amer Abu Jneid, 21.
- January 11, 2023: Sanad Mohammad Samamra, 19.
- January 05, 2023: Amer Abu Zeitoun, 16.
- January 03, 2023: Adam Essam Ayyad, 15.
- January 02, 2023: Fuad Mohammad ‘Aabed, 17.
- January 02, 2023: Mohammad Samer Houshiyya, 22.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline
IMEMC, the International Middle East Media Center, is a media center developed in collaboration between Palestinian and International journalists to provide independent media coverage of Israel-Palestine. It was founded by the Palestinian Centre for Rapprochement between People in 2003. In 2021, IMEMC became a project of the American nonprofit organization If Americans Knew.
OTHER RECENT PALESTINIAN DEATHS AT ISRAEL’S HANDS:
- Israeli forces gun down Palestinian father & 2 others, another dies of wounds
- Palestinian, 19, Dies From Wounds Suffered in Jenin
- Invading Israeli forces kill 5 Palestinians in West Bank
- Israeli soldiers kill 4th Palestinian in 2023 (3 of them children)
- Israel has killed three Palestinians already in 2023
FURTHER READING ON THE ISRAEL/PALESTINE ISSUE:
- Israel’s new radical government shows itself reckless and racist
- Raped, abused, exploited: Ukrainian women seeking refuge in Israel find no haven
- I once ran Human Rights Watch. Harvard blocked my fellowship over Israel
- 2022: 12 months of Israeli violence against Palestinians