Adam Johnson at the media watch organization Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR.org) has published a write-up on the New York Times‘ failure to publish any opinion pieces over the last three years that take a favorable stance on the Palestinian-led Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement.
In the meantime, though, the newspaper has published at least seven opinion columns that took a clear position against BDS:
- The BDS Threat (Roger Cohen, 2/10/14)
- Breakfast Before the MOOC (Thomas Friedman, 4/5/14)
- Let It Bleed (Roger Cohen, 6/9/14)
- The BDS Movement and Antisemitism on Campus (Eric Alterman, 3/26/16)
- Netanyahu, Prime Minister of the State of Israel/Palestine (Thomas Friedman, 5/25/16)
- Does Feminism Have Room for Zionism? (Emily Shire, 3/7/17)
- Why Israel Is Nothing Like Apartheid South Africa (Benjamin Pogrund, 3/31/17)
The last pro-BDS piece to be published in the Times was Omar Barghouti’s January 2014 op-ed titled “Why Israel Fears the Boycott.”
Read the full article on Fair.org.