Israeli settlers kidnapped and assaulted a 14-year-old girl for hours, then left her on the side of the road. When family members went to the Israeli police for help, they refused and attacked Nourhan’s uncle.
reposted from IMEMC – the International Middle East Media Center, October 21, 2022
On Wednesday evening, illegal paramilitary colonizers kidnapped a Palestinian child from her town in occupied Jerusalem, in the West Bank, and assaulted her for several hours.
Media sources said the colonizers kidnapped the child, Nourhan Ahmad Sayyad, 14, near her home in At-Tour, and assaulted her, causing various injuries.
A cab driver found the child on Thursday at dawn on the side of the road near the Hebron Gate, and contacted the police, who returned her to her family.
The colonizers left the kidnapped child on the side of the road before fleeing the area. There have been no reports of arrests.
After the child was abducted, her father and her uncle headed to the police station and filed several missing person reports, but the police refused to investigate the matter and attacked the uncle, who was demanding them to start investigating the issue.
RELATED READING ON ISRAELI SETTLER VIOLENCE:
- Israeli settlers stab int’l female activist, break her leg
- A Palestinian photographs a trespassing Israeli settler, gets his skull fractured
- “Unprecedented escalation” in Israeli settler attacks against Palestinians
ISRAELI MILITARY VIOLENCE AGAINST PALESTINIAN CHILDREN:
- From a Palestinian grandmother about what’s happening to her grandson
- Updated: Terrified by Israeli soldiers, 7-year-old Palestinian child died of heart attack
- Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Teen Near Hebron
- 12-year-old dies from injuries after Israeli soldier shot him Sept 28 in Jenin
ISRAELI GOVERNMENT COLLUSION WITH SETTLERS:
- Israeli settlers attack a Palestinian man, breaking both his arms; Israeli army arrests him
- More Israeli settler violence: Palestinians brutally attacked, then interrogated by police
- Israeli settlers, with IDF complicity, have destroyed 800,000 olive trees since 1967