During a military raid of the town of Tubas, Israeli soldiers shot and killed Palestinian Saddam Hussein Bani Odeh, alleging he had been among a group resisting the invasion.
reposted from International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC), November 16, 2021
The Palestinian Ministry of Health has reported, on Tuesday morning, that Israeli soldiers shot and killed a young Palestinian man during protests that took place after the army invaded Tubas city, in the northeastern part of the occupied West Bank.
The Ministry verified that an Israeli soldier shot Saddam Hussein Bani Odeh, 26, from Tammoun town, south of Tubas, with a live round that went through his left shoulder, then his heart and lung.
The Palestinian was killed during protests that took place at the main entrance of Tubas and surrounding areas, when several army jeeps invaded the city, before the soldiers fired live rounds, tear gas bombs and rubber-coated steel bullets.
The Israeli army claimed that armed resistance fighters exchanged fire with the soldiers during the invasion and added that the slain Palestinian was one of the fighters.
Eyewitnesses said Palestinian medics rushed Saddam Odeh, who is also a former political prisoner, to Tubas governmental hospital, where he was soon officially pronounced dead.
In addition, the soldiers stormed the home of a former prisoner, identified as Ayser Maslamani, and ransacked the property before abducting him.
The soldiers also invaded and searched the home of Hamza Daraghma, before abducting him.
For a complete list of Palestinians and Israelis killed since 2000, please visit Israel-Palestine Timeline.
- Israeli forces shoot, kill teenaged Palestinian boy near Nablus (11/2021)
- Israeli forces have killed 39 Palestinian men, women, & children since May (10/2021)
- West Bank: Israeli troops shoot dead another Palestinian man (9/2021)
- Three Palestinians killed in past week, 2 of them children shot in the head (8/2021)
- Israel’s killing of Palestinian children: ~80 so far in 2021 (8/2021)
- Israeli police officer beats Palestinian who complained about police violence
- Israel denies treatment to Palestinians with brain tumors
- Israeli bulldozers demolish Palestinian kindergarten
- Israel’s ongoing “Water War” against Palestinians